How To Open Folder Options in Windows 10
How to Open Folder Options in Windows 10 – The ribbon has been available since Windows 8 and it was also inherited in Windows 10 given it makes it much easier for users to gain access to settings and other shortcuts for common tasks for instance copy, paste, move, etc. In the last version of Windows, you can easily connect to the Folder Options by visiting Tools > Options. When in Windows 10 the tool menu no more exists, however, you have access to the Folder Options through ribbon click on View > Options.
Now many settings of Folder Option is now present under view tab in the File Explorer and that means you don’t have to necessarily navigate to Folder Choices to change folder settings. Also, in Windows 10 Folder Options can be called File Explorer Options. Anyway, with the help of the below-listed tutorial.
- 1 How To Open Folder Options in Windows 10
- 1.1 Solution 1: Open Folder Options Using Windows Search
- 1.2 Solution 2: Methods to Open Folder Options in File Explorer Ribbon
- 1.3 Solution 3: Methods to Open Folder Options in Windows 10 using Keyboard Shortcut
- 1.4 Solution 4: Open Folder Options from Control Panel
- 1.5 Solution 5: Methods to Open Folder Options in Windows 10 From Run
- 1.6 Solution 6: Open Folder Options From Command Prompt
- 1.7 Solution 7: The Way to Open Folder Options in Windows 10
How To Open Folder Options in Windows 10
Make certain to make a restore point in case that something goes completely wrong.
Solution 1: Open Folder Options Using Windows Search
The simplest way to gain access to Folder Options is to apply Windows Search to discover the Folder Options for you. Simply press Windows Key + S to start to Search then type “Folder Options” (without quotes) and from the search result just click File Explorer Options to access Folder Options.
Solution 2: Methods to Open Folder Options in File Explorer Ribbon
Press Windows Key + E to start File Explorer then just click view from a Ribbon and after that just click options underneath the Ribbon. This may open Folder Options from which you easily access different settings.
Solution 3: Methods to Open Folder Options in Windows 10 using Keyboard Shortcut
Well, a different way to open Folder Options is to apply keyboard shortcuts which can make life easier for you. Just press Windows key + E to open up File Explorer then simultaneously press Alt + F keys to open the File menu and next press O key to open the Folder Options. A different way to access Folder Options via keyboard shortcut would be to first open File Explorer (Win + E) then press Alt + V keys to open Ribbon in which you will the accessible keyboard shortcuts then press Y and O keys to open Folder options.
Solution 4: Open Folder Options from Control Panel
- Type control in Windows search then just click Control Panel through the search result.
- Now just click Appearance and Personalization then click File Explorer Options.
- Should you can’t find above then type Folder Options while in the Control Panel search and next just click File Explorer Options from a search result.
Solution 5: Methods to Open Folder Options in Windows 10 From Run
Press Windows Key + R then type “control.exe folders” (without quotes) thus hitting Enter to start Folder Options.
Solution 6: Open Folder Options From Command Prompt
- Press Windows Key + X then select Command Prompt (admin).
- Type the examples below command into cmd thus hitting Enter: control.exe Folders.
- When the above command didn’t work then do this one: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 0
- Once finished you are able to close the command prompt.
Solution 7: The Way to Open Folder Options in Windows 10
Press Windows Key + E to begin File Explorer then just click the file from a menu and next just click “Change Folder and Search Options” to open up Folder Options. That’s it, you successfully learned How to Open Folder Options in Windows 10 though if you still need any questions in regards to this tutorial then you can also question them during the comment’s section.